Monday, October 1, 2018

Sweet Land of Liberty Update


This is the bottom half of  my Sweet Land of Liberty, which includes the final set of blocks.  The October assignment is to add the bottom border.  I do have the side borders made but they don't divide evenly in half so they will be added after I quilt it.  Working in a very small space requires some adjustments!

Since my last post I did add the bell in the peace block and a banner in the small bird block.  Years ago, I bought a piece of fabric that had Victorian greeting cards printed.  I used one for a Tula Pink City Sampler block and noticed that one was a  "Remembrance" card. I cut that out and appliqued it.

This is the top half...it's been a while since I posted it!


Linking with Humble Quilts and Moving it Forward Monday

6 comments:

  1. I really love your blocks and colors. I'm still trying to find a place for my bell. I like where you put 1776. Good Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I just started working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I hope mine turns out nearly as nice as yours! I am thinking about adding more blocks to make mine a little wider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so great! I love the little "Remembrance" banner. I noticed you didn't make the scary lady liberty in the freedom block. I didn't either and I think the quilt looks better without her. This has been such a fun SAL. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sweet Land of Liberty quilt is looking great, so fun to come up with our own ideas on this one instead of having a pattern in front of us...did you enjoy making it as much as I did? I look forward to seeing them all quilted and done :0) Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete