Sunday, October 14, 2018

100 Days Later.......

99 blocks +1=100

I finished!!!   Several months ago, I saw a message from Angie at Gnome Angel for her sew along using Tula Pink's City Sampler book and quilt.  I was missing not having a circle to make every day so I ordered the book.  The first few blocks had 20-25 pieces and four or five fabrics in a 6.5" block. I almost gave up there but ordered some fabrics and decided to it. Most of those fabrics weren't used and all, except for four of the blocks, were made from my existing stash.

I'm so glad that I did!  I've seen so many new ways to look at the same block and so many ways to use colors to make a block look different.  There are holiday quilts, solid color quilts, a denim one and several people used just one color or black, white and grey.  All are on the Instagram 100days100blocks2018.

 Now to layout my blocks and make a quilt of them....and to clean up my mess...fabrics migrated from my shelves to a laundry size basket and grew to overflowing.  They need to be refolded and reshelved..a daunting task!




Licorice 2002-10/10/18


Linking with Oh Scrap!






6 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss.

    Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks.....I have decided that fabric must have legs as it is always moving about!!!!! Good luck with the clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on finishing your stack of blocks. Have fun putting them together into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the loss o your sewing companion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting to 100. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful kitty. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one. So sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete