Sunday, October 21, 2018

Day 107-A Finished Top!

It didn't quite take the extra seven days as I took a couple of days off from it and then spent yesterday replacing my original green border with the pink.  I ran out off the green fabric and as it is several years old, I knew I couldn't color match it.  I think I like the pink better than the original greenish yellow.

I'm discovering that things look very different in photos than they do in person!  My color flow looked a lot different laid out on my floor...not sure I'm completely happy with it..I may do some more tweaking. As you can see it's in two pieces for ease of quilting.  I've had good results with quilting in two or three pieces on my home machine and then joining the pieces.

I really enjoyed this quilt along!  Many thanks to Angie at Gnome Angel for the incentive and the organization.  I'm looking forward to next year's project!

Now for the clean up!

Linking with Quilting is more fun than housework for Oh Scrap!
Moving it Forward
Monday Making

5 comments:

  1. I t looks great! I think that pink border is fabulous. It really sets off those fun blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun colors! I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink border really ties in nicely with the bright blocks. Question: How will you join the sections after Quilting? I have a large one I’d like to use that method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finish!!! Love Gnome Angel's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the project looking WAY different in person than in photos. Daytime vs. nighttime photography also makes a BIG difference! Light quality is SEW important for getting colors to appear true.

    ReplyDelete