Friday, August 31, 2018

Sweet Land of Liberty Month 8

Month 8...not sewn together with the other months as yet.  I do want to wait and see how the final month needs to be arranged with this one and the previous months.  My birds don't have legs because there is a banner that goes below them.  My new sewing machine has a small alphabet and I want to try the banner with that.  The letters look to be a little fancier than the basic block lettering so we shall see how they turn out.

Here is a portion of month seven with the lettering added.  I do plan on using buttons in the center of the flowers but it struck me that buttons are going to be very hard to quilt around and I've already got a lot in previous sections.  This whole thing may end up being hand quilted!

I'm linking this with Lori's blog, Humble Quilts, for the month 8 Linky party.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You've made a lot of progress. It looks so great! I like the way you put a red bird over neutrals and then framed him. It looks really nice I've got some buttons I've been thinking about adding too. Curious to see how the lettering turns out on the banner below the birds. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress love that victory Fish a lot--this is such a cute SAL hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks for August look great. I like your pastel stars, and I really, really like your pink fish! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your light backgrounds and those stars with only one color are striking. Wish I would have thought of that. I really love your colors. Very balanced. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a fabulous interpretation of Month 8! I love your colors too especially the background fabric behind the basket.

    Your wonky stars turned out great as they are in the same colors. I really really like that!

    I noticed you didn't do the freedom angel either. I didn't think she belonged in my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both months' blocks look great. Your machine lettering should be fine, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You can always add the buttons after its quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete