Sunday, August 19, 2018

Catching Up!


Here are my City Sampler blocks 1-36 all together!  Frankly, I didn't think that I would last this long but they have all been done and posted on the correct days.  Block 44 will be posted to my Instagram today!  I wanted to get them all so that I could check my colors and get an idea of how they would all look together since  I'm not planning on using sashing in the finished quilt. Some blocks are better than others and some really highlight my inability to sew a straight line.  I've had some help in that direction from my sewing machine..I've been noticing that the feed dogs are grabbing the end of the fabric and jerking it out of alignment. Wednesday I'm getting with Amazon for a new one...nothing really expensive but an upgrade from what I've got now.

I'm still working on my Anthology quilt and I'll be making stars for my Sweet Land of Liberty quilt today.  Hopefully more pictures and progress will be posted later this week.  It's been so hot here that it has been a real effort to do anything.  I know everyone else has also been dealing with the heat but we are so unused to it here.  I had to laugh at a recent article in the Seattle Times newspaper...Seattle is the most un-airconditioned city in the US.

Linking with Em's Scrapbag

3 comments:

  1. Such fun colors - cheerful quilt! As for the feed dogs grabbing ends of fabric - do you leaders/enders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the heat! MidAtlantic has been having way too hot and wet of a summer. Wish we could send some of the water to California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately we in the midwest have been experiencing cool weather for August. Thanks for taking the heat for us! Lol!

    ReplyDelete