Sunday, August 5, 2018

Slow Progress

One of the joys of doing a sew along after it has finished is that you can do the blocks in the order that you want, so this is actually the first block of the Anthologie quilt but the fifth for me.  I should have left it for last...some blocks just don't want to get made!  I had no problems with the center nine patch then found that the side panels just wouldn't work.  One was about a quarter inch off but the other was over a half inch off.   The other two, not sewn yet, were about the same.  I took pieces apart, remeasured, retrimmed and was about to recut the blue panels when I decided to let it rest for a while.  That did work!  After redoing several of the HST because I put them on backwards, three of the panels went on with no problems.  The fourth side has a small half inch seam allowance.  I still have no idea of where I went wrong.

These are my flying geese panels.  No problems with them and the vine panel is waiting for me to get matching thread for the applique.  So far, all the fabrics used have been from my stash...nothing bought specifically for this quilt.

Linking with Moving it forward Monday and Monday Making

2 comments:

  1. Slow progress is still progress. Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Moving It Forward. Looks terrific from here in IL! *wink*

    ReplyDelete