Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Joys of Moving

I'm trying to be positive with my post title!  This past month I've moved from the apartment I've lived in for the past seventeen years to another in the same complex.   Sorting out all my extraneous junk has been a real pain and since I just moved across the yard, I did all the moving myself.  One of my neighbors did help me move the couch and the big bookcase but my muscles got a real workout.  Sitting and sewing for the past several years did nothing to keep my muscle tone up.  Now that I've got them moving again, I'll be doing a regular walking/exercise program.

The Salvation Army has benefitted with many boxes of books and apparel fabrics, although I did keep most of my silks. Actually, they were wonderful...came out and loaded lots of stuff in their truck and I was able to book two appointments with them. 

Right now, I'm in and trying tp put stuff away....it's a slow process and my back and knees are really acting up.  The main problem is that the important stuff, like my current project and fabrics were packed carefully and moved first...so now they are at the bottom of the pile!  I am finding fabrics that I'd forgotten about and bought before I started quilting so that's fun.  I'm almost at the point where I can reach my sewing table and plug my machines in...a little later today!

I now have a new internet and tv provider and got them both working after 1.5 weeks without them...the connection was old here and they had to put in all new connections. For a couple of days, I only got internet for an hour a day.  I hadn't realized how addicted I am. 

Back to the unpacking...hopefully I'll have some Sweet Land of Liberty sections done soon that I can share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment