Sunday, May 20, 2018

Progress!


Slow progress but still progress for months four and five of my Sweet Land of Liberty blocks. I need flowers or stars (still deciding) for the top of my log cabin and something to fill the center of the sawtooth star block.  Still to be made is Lady Liberty.

A closer look at my little girls.  Some of the participants paper pieced theirs....since I'm making my own patterns, my method is more of adding chunks of fabric and cutting off what I don't need.   I do like the holding hands effect I've got and I think I'll just add some larger borders to bring it to size.

I'm still unpacking and trying to get all my fabrics organized after the move.  I'm planning on doing the 100blocks100days2018 which starts in July and I am really slow at cutting out.  The blocks are the Tula Pink's City Sampler quilt.  The first four blocks all take 20 or pieces for a 6.5" unfinished block!  Those will take me forever to cut out, so I thought I'd precut a bunch and then sew and post them on the correct date.

Linking with Em's Scrapbag for Moving it Forward
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading backwards through your posts, and I'm enjoying the little differences in your Land of Liberty. Thanks for posting such great pictures, it's quite inspiring to see how you make yours unique.

    ReplyDelete