Friday, March 23, 2018

Sweet Land of Liberty Month 3

Here are both halves ...the entire width won't fit in my camera's view.

The project for month three is mostly applique and adding embellishments to the already sewn pieces.  I dipped into my vintage sewing supplies for a quarter inch wide seam tape and buttons for the branch and berries.  As always, the birds, stars and lettering are drawn freehand.  I find it very interesting that something which looks fine in a rough draft or on graph paper looks completely different in fabric!  Once I cut the green birds and placed them, I thought they looked like lizards. After some adjustment, they do look a little more like birds.

If you aren't familiar with this sew along, it's being run by Lori at Humble Quilts.  This is based on a Cheri Payne quilt and there is no pattern currently available.  Lori gives us block dimensions and photos of what she and Denise have made and then we copy and/or change things as we see fit.

 I see that I lost a letter on the trip from my livingroom to the front porch.  The handwork on attaching alll the letters will probably take me the rest of the month!

Linking withBusy Hands Quilts and  Crazy Mom Quilts

7 comments:

  1. I think your Sweet Land of Liberty looks great so far. It can be a challenge to draw some of the parts -- at least it would be for me. I especially like your angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece this must be to work on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely piece--your colors are just perfect....
    It would certainly be a huge challenge for me to draw these ...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours, it is looking really pretty...Love watching how it progresses !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really loving your fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking great! I like the color of blue behind the vine.

    ReplyDelete