Sunday, March 18, 2018

Quilty 365 Progress

Very, very slow progress but progress nonetheless!  It took me ages to get the side borders on this.  For some reason, the bright pink fabric on the narrow border grew about two inches as I joined the two borders leaving the yellow border short. They weren't cut on the bias and the seams were all pressed before sewing...it's a mystery!   After checking out several options and realizing I was going to have to put a seam in somewhere, I just added to the ends.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make that seam look like a line of quilting.

I've decided to hand quilt this..I've never done and this seems to be a good one to start with...all those circles!  It's been a while since I've done any hand stitching so we'll see how it goes.  After I quilt the body, I'll add the remainder of my circles and half circles to the outer edge.  The plan is to have them facing inward on all sides.  This started out as a six months record of my circles but it is taking all the remainder for the borders, so I'll have the year in one spot!

I see that some of my letters need to be repositioned and the year needs some adjustment also...


Linking with Em's ScrapbagMonday Making

6 comments:

  1. I like how you have circles as part of your border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, I wonder if the discrepancy on the sides might have been because one was cut on straight of grain and the other on cross grain. Straight of grain has less give than cross grain. But not sure. The quilt looks fabulous. Good luck with the hand quilting. Have you thought about using the big stitch method?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 365 circle quilt! No matter how many of these I see, I just cannot get enough. Yours is beautiful--I love the color and tonal play. Can't wait to see your finish with even more circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these circle quilts are just so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress is progress no matter how slow. Love your circle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Circle 365 quilt is gorgeous! Love the semi circles in the border. I might have to copy that idea! Alas, I am still making blocks!

    ReplyDelete