Monday, August 14, 2017

Improv PeaPatch Finished


I realized after my last post that I had sewed some of this together backwards and also left out a piece!  Now that our weather is back to normal, I took some of it apart and put it back together.  I used this to practice my circular quilting...still need more practice..and to test out the power and some stitches on my new sewing machine.  It's my third machine in two months and it's working reasonably well for it's size and cost, so it will be a keeper unlike the previous models.

It's called Improv PeaPatch after a gardening program here that I took part in about 35 years ago when it first started here in town.  For a small price, you could rent a 10 x 20 foot patch of ground and garden.  Lots of families and kids working on their plots so the rows weren't very straight and all the crops were mixed together...one couple grew nothing but dahlias!  Very pretty.  I don't now if it's still going on and later it got quite expensive and very regimented but it was fun in the early years.

This is one panel of my Santa's Trip quilt. I've got two and a half panels done, so only one and a half to go.  I'm hoping that I'll have enough cut and put back together by Friday so I can see how the little squares will look.

Linking with Em's Scrapbag for Moving it Forward Monday and LoveLaughQuilt for Monday Making

5 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't elaborate on the machines you are using. I started with a Brother quilting machine and burned it out in 2 years.
    You are in the city next door to my mom, she lives in Auburn. We love going to the Kent Station when I am in town. Our fav restaurant is Mama Sortini's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that improv quilt! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilts--nice job quilting, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    ทองดีฟันขาว

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete