Saturday, July 14, 2018

City Sampler-The First Week


These are my blocks for the first seven days of the 100 Days 100 Blocks sew along hosted by Angie at Gnome Angel.  All the blocks are from Tula Pink's book 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  The first 15 blocks are based on crosses and 16-35 are rectangles.

  It's amazing to see what a difference fabric choices make in the looks of a block.  There has been several times that I've gone back to check that I'm posting the correct block because the look of the block has changed so much!

 So far I've seen blocks in all Hawaiian fabrics, batiks, adorable children's prints, solids and Japanese fabrics.  Many of the participants are from Australia and are using fabrics that aren't in my LQS or the online shops that I visit.  All the blocks can be seen on Instagram at the hashtag 100Days100Blocks2018.


Only 93 to go!

Linking with Monday Making and Moving it Forward

2 comments:

  1. Long term commitments like this can be a great way to keep sewing (or deeply frustrating!) Good luck keeping up with your 100 blocks; the first seven look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those beautiful purple blocks. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete