Friday, October 6, 2017

Palmateer Point Quiltalong

I've followed Lori's blog at Humble Quilts for several years now.  I think it was the first blog I ever followed.  I love her color palettes even though they seem to be colors that I don't often buy.  I've never done one of the quilt alongs that she has and I've regretted it every time.  So when she started a new one several weeks ago, I decided to join in.  Since it was a 21"  project, I wanted to use the same types of colors not my usual brights.  I dug deep into my stash and came up with these for week one.
I went back and forth on whether I liked this combo or not...sometimes it seemed too busy and not enough contrast and at another look I liked it.  I decided to let it stand as it was a mystery and I didn't 
know how they would be used.

Week two was the half square triangles made very easy with my Quilt in a Day Triangle Square up Ruler and making 8 at a time.  Week three continued with sewing the HST's together.
Week four was the reveal and putting it all together!  Such a cute pattern...I'm thinking about doing it again in Christmas colors.  
I do wish I had gone a little darker for some of the smaller squares but overall, I'm happy with it.  Now to decide how to quilt it.   Thank you Lori!

Linking with Humble Quilts for the link party
Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad I got to make this QAL. I like fun little quilts to hang in my stairway. It will be fun in Christmas colors too. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. That green is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable finish to the quilt along. I am just beginning to throw my hat into the ring of mystery quilts and quilt alongs. Seeing posts like yours inspire me to have faith in the process when we don't know the outcome. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great variety of fabrics in yours, and I love the green hst squares. Enjoy finishing this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks wonderful as is! And a Christmas version would be really sweet. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete