Friday, January 19, 2018

I'm Back!

I've not posted in a while...a variety of things...illness, procrastination, and a lack of interest in all of my fabrics lead the list.  I do have projects that I want to finish and projects that I want to start so I just sat down to the machine and started in.

My new project is the Sweet Land of Liberty sew along hosted by Lori over at Humble Quilts.  This is a Cheri Payne design and there is no pattern.  Lori is giving the basic block sizes and you do your own thing from those sizes and the pictures she posted.  I've never done a primitive style project and this looked to be the perfect project for my stash of  thrift shirts.  Here's my first month...I've still the embroidery to do.


For the economy blocks I used the information from Catbird Studios.  Very clear and the size turned out for me.  Thank you

I couldn't really see the house well enough in the photos so I made my own simplified house.  I'm fairly pleased with it but I think I may redo the light green economy block and the "A" again.  I'll put it away for a couple of days and then see how I like it all


Linking with Finish or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Humble Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Great project, fun to have no pattern! I love your basket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this blog its very informative and useful for use.

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is only a small part of the whole quilt. Once it is all together those little pieces that you don't love will fit in perfectly! You should trust me on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What bright cheerful colors. I love the house and the fabric you chose for the grass is so fun. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your quilt! I like your house and how it is different from the others. I joined in but am not doing American colors. I just don't have enough reds and blues in my stash. This is going to really be fun.

    ReplyDelete