Sunday, September 3, 2017

August Quilty 365


August was over way too fast for me....I got way behind on everything this past month!  I did get my circles sewed and turned but that was about it.  I'm still trying to decide what to do with them.  I'm leaning towards the flower design with a dark green background.  August was more colorful than July with more summer flowers.

I did manage to get some of my collection of thrift shop shirts turned into fabric....and I have some summer fruits and a bunny fabric.

I do wish I had a better bunny fabric...this is in honor of the little half grown bunnies that come out in the evenings and graze in the grass/gravel parking lot next to me.  I live downtown, in a business district, so I do enjoy seeing all the urban animals.  I usually have an opposum and a raccoon that will visit ie..come inside and eat my cat's food in the middle of the night! but I haven't seen them this summer and my cat didn't bring in any baby bunnies to play with so it's been a good summer overall.

I've decided to hand quilt my six months version and will be putting that together in the next couple of weeks.  I've never done that before so we shall see how it goes.  Any tips are appreciated!

Linking with Daisy and Jack Handmade
Em's Scrapbag

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. I saw the raspberry fabric which I loved. I have a red raspberry patch; the patch is small but the berries are so amazing. So glad you were able to keep up with the circles at least. I'm doing some hand quilting on another project though it's 'big stitching' using pearl cotton. That's my first hand quilting project so I don't have any tips. Even though August was my final month in the challenge, I'll be coming back each month to see what everyone is doing with their circles/quilts. Keep posting...I'm definitely interested in your decisions.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I love the blog post, and you helped me make such a fun card with it!
    ทองดีฟันขาว

    ReplyDelete