Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Finished Project

Finally, I have finished a project before its holiday!  Even better, February 2 is National Wear Red Day  supporting women's fight against heart disease and I have a red heart for it.  My basket of unfinished 3+ year old Christmas projects is so jealous!

new version

About 2013, I found the Pixelated Heart pattern from Blue Elephant Stitches.  I reduced her 3" squares to 1.5" squares (finished) and it is 13 squares by 13 squares. It fits my 16" sofa pillow perfectly. The backing on both pillows is linen done in the envelope style.  After one exploding commercially made zippered cover, I never use a zipper on a pillow.

  It was intended as a Valentine Day project but I enjoyed it so much that it has been on my couch ever since.  It's now looking somewhat shabby and worn.  Some of the background fabrics are cotton/poly shirtings and years of wear and cats napping have taken their toll.  Since I had a charm pack of Valentine fabric, I used it to make a new version.  I don't really want to live with cupids and hearts year around, so the new one will go into storage after the day and I need to make another pillow for the couch!


Original
Linking with Crazy Mom Quilts and Busy Hands Quilts for their Friday finishes

3 comments:

  1. You know, those are so attractive, I think I could live with hearts all year long! Love that you are making your other WIPs jealous, too! I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both. I wish my DH would like couch pillows....cause I would definitely make this heart one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pillows!! My decor doesn't lend itself to holiday pillows. :o((

    ReplyDelete