Sunday, June 17, 2018

Technical Difficulties

Finally...here is my month six of the Sweet Land of Liberty!  This was going to be posted way last week but my pretty pink Samsung camera died.  It was about twelve years old so I should have expected it.  I now have a new Kodiak and it has taken me about three days to figure out how to get the pix from the camera to this page.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use the camera!  Hopefully, the pictures will look better than with the old one.

I need to do some embroidery on my couple block and am planning on spending the next couple of days with the embroidery and adding more bits and pieces to all my other blocks.  For those of you new to this, we are doing this sew along without patterns.  I'm copying  freehand from the blocks and directions posted on Lori's Humble Quilts blog.  About half of the fabrics are coming from my thrift shop shirt collection and the rest are scraps from stash...some quite old.  I'm really enjoying the improv process in this and that the quilt is coming together in layers.  First, the basic blocks then adding small shapes (stars, flags, birds, etc.) and finally embroidery.  Thanx so much for hosting this Lori!

I have some new fabrics coming on Wednesday for the Tula Pink 100days100blocks2018  which starts July 7.  I was planning on just using from stash and trying to it all in purples and greens..with some aquas and pinks.  It's been hard trying to collect them all with the move and I wasn't sure if I would have enough.  Craftsy had a BOGO sale and I was able to get a quilt kit (layer cake) and a set of fat quarters in the same fabric in the colors I was planning on using.  When these arrive, I'll starting cutting the blocks and storing them in baggies until it's time to sew them up.

What's worrying me is not the sewing but the fact that the blocks need to be posted daily on Instagram!  I've opened an account and have 1 follower!  Thanx nice person!  I did figure out how to get my photos on Instgram but I haven't figured out how to write anything or leave a hash tag.  That's next...I am NOT computer literate!

Linking with Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Em's Scrapbag

10 comments:

  1. I think your blocks look great. Who needs a pattern when you can do so well without!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and the kind words. It's been very freeing in the sense of "I can't make a curve here, what can I replace it with?"

      Delete
  2. Every time I see someone post pictures of their Sweet Land of Liberty blocks tempts me to jump in. Your blocks look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do jump in!! There is still time. Thank you for the very kind words.

      Delete
  3. You are making such beautiful progress. I too want to make this quilt, but am waiting to finish what I am working on first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I admire your dedication..I usually have several projects going at once. No boredom but an extremely messy sewing table!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and the very kind words. It's appreciated

      Delete
  5. I'll go look for you on instagram. We're always learning....Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very kind of you!! Thank you!! Still trying to figure it out...

      Delete