Monday, March 20, 2017

Finished Top!

Here it is ...in my living room, complete with cat!  So  far, it's way too windy to photo outside.  I'll try later in the day to get a better one.  As you can see, it's in three parts for ease of quilting on my home machine.

This was made using Melissa Corry's tutorial.  The instructions were clear and where I had a question, the photos answered it.  The initial cutting and piecing went fairly fast.  I spent way too much time on the layout and moving strips around.  My cat loved that part...nothing like a long strip of fabric to chase!The final assembly was like a jellyroll race...just sewing all the strips together.

I might do this one again using a more neutral background.  This is a great pattern for a charity quilt or if you need a fast gift.

Linking with Em's Scrapbag Moving Forward Monday and LoveLaughQuilt MondayMaking andBusy Hands Quilts Finished or Not Friday

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt top is gorgeous!!! I love all of those beautiful soft tones ;) And I am so glad you found the tutorial easy and clear. It really is a fun quilt that I loved making and I totally want to make it again as well ;)

    ReplyDelete